- Analysts of Afghanistan and peacebuilding provide their respective visions of a “sustainable outcome” of international peacebuilding efforts in Afghanistan.
- Roland Paris, Director of CIPS, University of Ottawa
- Mark Sedra, Senior Fellow, Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) and Research Scholar, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Gilles Dorronsoro, Professor of Political Science at the Institut d’études politiques in Rennes, France, and Researcher at the Centre d’études et de recherches internationales in Paris
- Ronald Neumann, Adjunct Professor, Elliot School of International Affairs, George Washington University, and former United States Ambassador to Afghanistan
- Sima Samar, Chairperson, Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission, Kabul
- Nazif Shahrani, Professor of Anthropology and Central Asian & Middle Eastern Studies, Indiana University
- Rory Stewart, Author, former British military and foreign service offficer, and Chief Executive of the Turquoise Mountain Foundation, Kabul
- Seddiq Weera, Senior Advisor, Independent National Commission on Strengthening Peace, Afghanistan, and Senior Policy Advisor, Minister of Education, Afghanistan
Details and objectives
Outcomes and Publications
- A day-long workshop was held in Ottawa in January 2009, including paper-writers and invited academics and policy practitioners.
- The workshop yielded several papers and commentaries:
- CIPS continues to support analysis of the future of the international mission in Afghanistan.
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI)
- International Development Research Centre